Welcome ladies, gentlemen, inbetweeners, transgender individuals and all! Enjoy the show!

Posted by Jordan | Posted in | Posted on 10:20 AM

As a writer, I have had many an idea for blogs, and even blogged regularly, but never felt a strong connection to what I was writing about. Giving personal opinions and analysis is one thing, but I've never been fully comfortable putting my life out there -- not for privacy reasons, but more because of the idea that "Who am I? Why would anyone care?"

Upon graduating for Michigan State University, I've thought about the things that are important, that I care about and that I can speak intelligently on. While my bachelor's is in journalism and my specialty is the Spanish language, I have made it a point to be extremely educated on women's issues, sexuality and gender. That coupled with my thirst for information (Google Reader says I read 9,000 blogs a month) about fashion, politics, queer culture and news, I figured I could use my unique outlook to analyze such topics through the gender and sexuality lens.

As for the name, while I've toiled with this for a while, naming a blog something as vulgar as "Gender Fuck" could be positive. While I personally enjoy the vulgar things in life, I know it's not for everyone. I ask that those who disagree, do so with respect and an open mind.

Genderfuck is a "self-conscious effort to "fuck with" or play with traditional notions of gender identity, gender roles, and gender presentation." We live in a society where a transgender (FTM) man had children and made national news, where menswear becomes the hottest trend at the women's runway shows and where we, hopefully, challenge ourselves to understand gender identity, why we have them and what they mean and encourage others to do the same. Gender and sexuality are inherently linked because society says so, but more about that later.

So sit back, hold tight, and get ready for the ride of your life.

-MUAH! Jordan

Comments (0)

Post a Comment